Monday, May 4, 2009

Rule #42: A picture is worth a thousand miles

It has taken almost a month to get happy, non slobbery pictures of Evan for the contest. I had set aside a day to bathe him and take his pictures before I had to put lotion in his hair....and wouldn't you know it? That was the worst day of teething we had ever had! Evan was having none of it.
I got some great crying pictures,
TONS of slobbery pictures, but none with that special smile and twinkle in his eye.

But tonight, he was finally happy again! It didn't occur to me to change his shirt at first, truthfully I didn't think I'd get any good pictures, I was just taking pictures for the fun/practice. After a while I realized he was really enjoying having his picture taken, so I changed his outfit. No bath though, so his hair isn't perfect...but he's a baby, and it's just never going to be perfect. I'm pretty sure these are as good as I'm going to get.

I do realize that he has a scratch on his forehead, but I've put off shaving his head long enough. He won't stop attacking it, and now has ginormous scrapes on his scalp...I just can't treat the eczema with all of his beautiful hair. It makes me sad to say it, but his hair has got to be shorter! I feel bad postponing his comfort for the "perfect shot"....so here's what you have to choose from.

I plan on submitting his picture later this week, but I wanted to get every one's input on which pic has the best chance of getting us to New York!
Picture #1
Picture #2
Picture #3 Picture #4

12 comments:

Brianna said...

I choose #3. I like the way his head is slightly tilted. What a lady killer!

Lawson Family said...

I agree with Brianna. There is just something about that picture that sets it apart from the others.

Emilie said...

I like #1

Chrissy said...

I think #3 shows off his dimple the best, but they are all cute! He has the prettiest baby eyes!

Jill & Jared said...

I pick #3 too. The lighting in that one is the best. He's such a cutie.

Tammy said...

I like #3 too. But you can't see his cute curly hair very well. the light is better in the 3rd. Good Luck!!

April Weeks said...

Oh my heck! He is TOO cute! I have to look again, just a minute

April Weeks said...

I like one because it's lighter, but I like two because of his smile... I dunno.. he is very photogenic(sp)

Tiffany said...

Sorry to confuse things and disagree with the others - but I love #2. It looks the most natural, AND it has that special twinkle in his eye!! What a flirt!
Tif

Sarah said...

I like #2 cause it's more of a close up.

Ethnie said...

Okay, so I couldn't see number 3 and so I go with number 4 . . . totally a model baby shot. Sorry to say this but your judges will probably have as many differing opinions as the people who have expressed their opinion on your blog. Happy choosing though, Meg. Evan is still the cutest dark eyed dark hair babies in my book.

Marie said...

I like #3 the best.