Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Rule #85: 2 is better than 1

We celebrated Evan's 2nd birthday on Monday. I just can't believe that my baby is 2, and then it hits me, he's not my baby anymore. He's my big boy. My toddler. Crazy.

It was a fabulous day spent together as a family and to top it off so many of our friends and family were able to join us in the evening for dinner and cake! Thanks to everyone who was able to be there and celebrate with us.

We were missing a few grandparents and siblings, but that's just the way life goes sometimes. We know they would have been there if they were able.

I didn't get a picture of Evan and his cake on my camera, but some family did, so when I get those shots, I'll upload them.

Evan was throwing a fit when it came time to open the presents, so we whipped through them pretty fast. But I wanted everyone to know how much he really did love the thoughtful gifts that you gave them. So I made sure to get a picture of each and every one of them. So here we go.


Evan giving kisses to the potato head cat from Bri and family


Playing with the water toys from the Millers


Green truck from Amy and the kids

Reading the book from Grandpa Guy and Grandma Emma. Playing with their puzzle below
Reading the book from Great Grandma Davis


Dressing his Evan doll made by Emile

Playing with the cars from Aunt Chrissy. Not shown is Evan dancing to the music card from Chrissy. It was priceless!


Loving the Golf clubs from Dave and Christina


Riding his new power wheels from Grandpa Doug and Grandma Susan!

Drawing on the magnadoodle from Mom and Dad

We lucked out just barely with the weather. It rained just a little before the party, and then the rain came down and kicked everyone to the curb at 8! Which was the end of the party anyway, so it worked out well. I, for one, was thankful for the rain. It meant that it wasn't quite a thousand degrees for this pregnant woman!

Evan has his two year checkup on Friday, so I'll post all of the amazing qualities of my son when I post his stats. I like to keep his fans on the edge of their seats. :)

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Happy Birthday Evan!

Mary said...

What a great birthday! How fun that you have such a nice big yard to gather in.