Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Rule # 150: Quality vs. Quantity

There are some people that just connect with kids. It just happens naturally. My step-brother Robbie is one of those people.

It helps that he's super cool, so all the kids want to be around him already. :)

Robbie works a lot, and therefore travels....a LOT. Yet it doesn't seem to matter how long it's been since he's seen my kids. Robbie finds a way to connect (with all the kids but I notice specifically with Evan) whenever we do get a chance to see him.

I hope you understand the significance of that statement. Evan connects with Robbie, someone he sees sporadically throughout the year. That's a big deal. Which means Robbie is a pretty special person.

I love this video. Evan was watching every move that Robbie made. When they were finished with the song, Evan beamed with pleasure. :) It was a wonderful Christmas.

Thank you, Robbie, for being the special person that can reach in and connect with my special son.

No comments: