Sunday, July 26, 2009

Rule #50: Cake is better eaten in the buff

Today was a HUGE milestone in the Davis household! Evan had his very first birthday! I can't believe that my baby is a year old. Nor can I believe that I will be hosting many many more parties in my lifetime.

Things went really well, there is just a lot involved; more than I think I realized. Thanks to all of our friends and family that pitched in with food and came to celebrate our son!

We had a BBQ in our backyard, we were a little late cooking the food, but it all turned out fine. Thanks to my sweet husband (and father-in-law) for cooking the meat!

I made the two cakes Saturday night, and had quite the time frosting the blue #1. Alex said that it looked liked "a lot of love had been put into it". Awww, thanks hon? Evan's personal smiley face cake was a bit easier to do.

Evan did pretty well eating his cake in his birthday suit. He didn't seem to LOVE it, but he certainly didn't hate it either.

I love this look, "What's going on....?"

Here's the damage.

He got a lot of WONDERFUL presents, thank you thank you to everyone! Two things I got pictures of are the baby swing from Grandpa and Grandma Davis, and his chair from Nana and Papa. He's still a little unsure about the swing, but in time he's gonna love it.

My Step-dad Dave makes a child sized chair for each grandchild's first birthday. Then my mom paints their name on it and on Evan's chair, some cute bee's. He REALLY liked his chair, it's just his size, and he can bang on it like a drum. I don't think he knows it's for sitting yet.

Later I will add a slide show showing the fun time had by all...don't worry, I couldn't leave out all your cute faces! It's just getting late, and I don't want to figure it out right now. And stay tuned for tomorrows post of Evan's birth story. (those of you who might care but can't remember it)

5 comments:

Lawson Family said...

Looks like a great time! We wish we could have been there to celebrate with Evan. Happy Birthday!!

April Weeks said...

It was a fun evening!

AmyPoll said...

Happy Birthday Evan!!!

The Cole Family said...

Happy Birthday Evan...we share the same birthday! I didn't get to eat my cake with my fingers though :)

Aunt Chris said...

He is sooo cute! I just went thru your whole blog. It is fabulous! I can't wait for the birthday video. I love you all, thanks for sharing.