Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Rule #148: Moo had a birthday, shout Hooray!

Do you know what happened last month? Graham turned two! Seriously. I'm not making it up. I have a hard time believing it too. I look back on when Evan turned two and I was pregnant. Due in three months pregnant. This time it's different, some from my control and some not. (but that's another post entirely)

Regardless, I have a bonafide two year old reeking havoc in my household. And he's tons of fun :)

We decided to have a Farm Party because the love of all things animal has become very apparent. We really lucked out with the weather. We wanted to have the party inside, remembering that the last birthday party was a bit cramped inside our house. (we have that many people that love our kids!) Graham's actual birthday landed in the middle of the week, so we opted to celebrate on a Sat. And just hoped and prayed that we wouldn't have an October with snow this year :) The morning of the party was a bit chill, but then the sun came out and it was perfect!

I love my husband. Here's one of the reasons why. A week before the party I decided that I wanted carnival animal posters. Alex said yes and whipped them out like it was nothing. They turned out great! He is really quite talented. What he does for the parties really makes them great. All of the angry bird slingshot/ball/boxes, and now these awesome posters. Thank you for indulging my every whim! :) I had briefly thought about buying hay bales to go in front of the poster. But....I'm cheap. And hay bales are WAY too expensive for someone who doesn't live near a farm. We opted for leaves instead, just to hide the feet of the party goers, and add a little color. Leaves are free = works for me!
Birthday Boy and Brother
Cousins!
Best Buddies
Cute Grandpa Guy
Love this!
Em pulled the best faces
Evans Family
Miller girls
Grandma Susan
Stevanae
I found some cute farm animal tattoos for the kids (or for Ryan who is a kid at heart) and also stickers to create a farm scene. I didn't really take any great pictures of either, shame on me. You can just trust me, I thought they were cute. :)

For the food I wanted to go rather simple, more snack and less meal since the party started at 10 am. Earlier that week Emilie took me up to Pick Your Plums' warehouse...which is awesome! I was going for some washi tape (supplied by Downtown Tape) and ended coming home with great details for the party. The cups for the chicken feed, the orange straws, the cupcake liners, two metal baskets, and the metal cylinders. I had bought yellow treat bags that I was going to put popcorn in (pig feed) but my popcorn maker died the morning of the party. Nuts! The basket for the popcorn was going to be super cute too! I'll just have to find a way to use them for the next party. Thanks again Em, it really added to the event!
I forgot to take a picture of the drinks, but we had "well water" and "moo juice"

I know my limits when it comes to decorating cupcakes. I was fairly certain I would struggle making animal faces. So I didn't. Enter cupcake toppers for the win! I frosted the cupcakes to look like grass, and called it a day. I think they turned out pretty cute.

Grandpa Doug is a favorite among the kids, whether they are his grand kids or not. He's great at coming up with new ways to entertain. First they started jumping off the tramp into a pile of leaves. Then they piled the leaves ONTO the tramp and started jumping. A great time was had by all!

As usual my son was spoiled by love and...spoils :) Thank you to all who came to witness my little one grow up.
 

Happy Birthday Grahamalish!

4 comments:

Emilie said...

It was a great party! Super cleaver and fun. Happy Birthday Grahamster

Eliza said...

You have a gift for throwing cute parties it appears. Happy birthday Graham!

Tiffany said...

Happy Birthday to cutie patootie Graham! P.S. Could you plan Taylee's next party?! Then send Alex over for construction of said party?!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday, Graham! Two years old! Yay!