Friday, January 23, 2009

Rule# 28 Addendum

I should clarify something. I know that swaddling has no effect on Evan's verbal skills. It was late in the morning when I wrote my post, so I don't think I was able to express myself clearly. (Also there were many spelling errors) :) Anyway, I have heard that if a baby is really verbal then they are less likely to be really physical. So what I meant to point out was that Evan seems to be neither. he moves, but doesn't roll over, and he talks but he doesn't babble. Not that I don't think he's smart, I know he is...

And he actually really likes to be on his tummy now...so I guess he no longer sees any need to roll over...

Alex tried to put Evan down for a nap without swaddling, and it took 10-15 mintues, but he did fall asleep....but then woke up 25 mintues later with is finger in his eye. So I've decided to keep on swaddling...Thanks for all of the input. I'll let you know when he finally grows out of it!

By the way Chrissy, I'm with you in throwing out the milestone book. I say that now, but we'll see how I am come 9 months, or a year! :)

1 comment:

Brianna said...

I was out of town during the swaddle post, but just so you know Marlee swaddled until she was 9 1/2 months. It took a week for her to transition out of (hard week), but she was ready. The way that I new is that she was constantly busting out of her swaddle in very short periods of time.

I still swaddle Jordyn with one arm in some times for naps. This works well just to remind her that it's time to settle down. So that's my only suggestion is that when you're ready to transition out of swaddle, then start just one arm at a time. You know... baby steps.

Also, about milestones... Jordyn still isn't crawling, and Marlee was always slow on her physical milestones. Nothing to worry about... Marlee moves with the best of them.