Monday, February 2, 2009

Rule #30: You can't hide from your genes

Evan had his 6 month check up today. I've been very excited for this because I've been dying to know how much he weighs. Turns out he really is his fathers son, and it's starting to catch up with him. (As if he ever had a time when he didn't look like his dad). Here are his stats:

Height: 26.75 inches - 58%
Weight: 14 lbs 11 oz - 10%
OFC: 43.2 cm - 30%

I was a little surprised that he's not even 15 lbs yet, he just seems so big to me, and look at those chubby cheeks! But he is healthy and thriving and learning more and more every day. He's trying to learn to sit up by himself, we've still got work to do, but he loves to try. He manages 3-6 seconds by himself...I know...it doesn't seem very impressive, but he just started learning, so I think it is.

Rolling over still isn't his thing. Although he did roll over three times at Grandma and Grandpa Davis' house yesterday. He still prefers to be on his belly and just play with his toys. He feet are always a-kickin' I swear he never stops. It's the most noticeable when he is being fed and his leg is just flying in the air! He's so cute.
He continues to be the sweetest baby, he is just content to be, gives smiles willingly to pretty much anyone...as long as mom or dad is holding him. He's starting to get a little stranger anxiety, so unless he sees you routinely...he might not be okay with you holding him. Evan's my perfect little sleeper, and he's a great eater...despite not gaining tons of weight. He loves to eat!
This is Evan in his new exersaucer that Em and I will be sharing. He was pretty excited about it. He already has a favorite toy.
I love this face... "Aww mom!" That's what it says to me.

3 comments:

Lawson Family said...

Cute! He sure has some nice chubby cheeks!

Emilie said...

I love that last picture too!

Jill & Jared said...

I thought Evan looked like Alex the first moment I saw him in the hospital! Adorable little Evan. I want to see him when I come up to visit! Joanna is receiving her endowment on the 7th of March and we (the kids and me) will be up on the 5th through the 10th...it saddens me that now he may cry when I hold him. Sigh...