Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rule #31: Pencils can be very accurate?

Hey all you mothers out there, I've got a question for you. Tonight at work my friends and I did the pencil test. I'm not sure if it has an official name, but it's the test where you hang a pencil over your wrist and depending on which way it moves and how many times it moves that's how many children you will have (or have had) and it specifies gender. You can also use a needle instead of a pencil. Do you know what I'm talking about. Apparently it is over 90% accurate.

The pencil says I'm having 5 children. Boy (Evan) Girl, Girl, Girl, and lastly another Boy. Mostly I just wanted to put this down for a record that I can refer to when I have my next children.

Other women at work have done the test that are finished having children, and everyone that I have seen has been correct, gender and number. Amazing.

Don't worry, if I get pregnant the next time and my doctor tells me it's a boy, I'll believe my doctor, not the pencil. But I do find it fascinating that it is correct for so many women.

So, I'm just curious how many others have done this test and whether or not it was true for you? Please share.!

7 comments:

Lawson Family said...

I did when I was pregnant with Brightynn and I think it said like seven kids (yeah, that's not happening! Unless they mean the spouses my children marry=)
I think mine went Girl Boy Girl Boy Girl Boy Boy. Maybe I had a misscarraige I was unware of, but it hasn't really been accurate. It is fun to do though!

Steve said...

I would be careful of things like this Megs. It's reminiscent of, oh I don't know, A WEEGEE BOARD!! *dun dun dun* Clearly powered by Satan. Cease immediately.

Brianna said...

I remember doing this when I was younger, but I can't think of the results. I do know I was told I'd have a girl first.

I would like to try this again when I come for dinner at your house on Sunday... have the pencil ready.

Ethnie said...

I have never heard of the pencil test over the wrist but I have heard of the test over the belly. Every pregnant woman that I know of who has had it done has been right. Kind of funny. An probably a coincidence, but interesting all the same.

Megs said...

how do you do over the belly test? With a pencil also? I've not heard of that one...intersting all the same.

April Weeks said...

Steve comment is the best! har har har

Jill & Jared said...

We'll have to try that when I come to visit!