Saturday, March 21, 2009

Rule #35 Zoos should be free

As you may recall, for Christmas my mom and Dave gave my family a season pass to the zoo. It started as soon as we went for the first time. I've been waiting paitenly....sometimes not so patiently, for the weather to be nice enough for our first outing. Finally it came, and the day was BEAUTIFUL! Actually, I was a little warm by the end of it. It was only 68-70 degrees, but it felt like 75 at least. (I don't know how I'm going to handle summer, if 68 was warm for me!) But the sun was shining, and it was a lovely day!

I had high hopes that Evan would care, just a little bit about the animals. He didn't. It was hard to get him to look at some of the animals if they were sleeping, he would follow my finger where I was pointing, and then when I put my hand down, he'd still follow my finger. *sigh* That's okay, we'll go to zoo many times this year, he's bound to get excited at some point!


With our pass we are able to take two guests, so my good friend Ethnie and her son Will came with us! It was so fun to see them, and Will is such a darling boy, full of smiles. Truth be told, Evan was probably more excited to see Will than he was the animals. I'm glad though, I want them to be good friends. I was so excited for our zoo trip that I bought Evan a hat and sunglasses. He's really not a fan of the sunglasses, and they are a little bit too big for him right now, but they should fit him perfectly this summer. Isn't he cute?
We were there for about three hours, which I think it pretty good for two babies. Evan did get tuckered out after about two and a half hours and took a little nap in his stroller. He's so easy now that he doesn't need to be swaddled to sleep. I can't even imagine swaddling him in that heat!

Thanks again Nana and Papa! We want to get good use out of our pass, so if anyone wants to go to the zoo let me know! (We intend to take all of the grandparents, whenever schedules work for them...grandparents are just a given)
** I just noticed that the pictures have a date stamp on them, and the date is wrong!! Few of you may know just how much that bothers me....

3 comments:

April Weeks said...

Happy Happy it makes me happy to have you enjoy it so much. I can't wait to go with you.

Steve said...

Ya well, the fact that your post says "posted by Alex" bothers me. So you're all sorts of wrong. That being said, I WANNA GO TO THE ZOO!!

Jill & Jared said...

the zoo is so much fun and even my kids don't last longer than three hours. They can only take so much excitement.