Monday, March 2, 2009

Rule #34: Teefers take time

Dum da da DA!!! Evan would like to announce the arrival of his first tooth!! Maybe not so much Evan, but his mommy. It's about time, too. The child has only been teething for about three months now! And it sprang up out of now where! Two days ago I had checked for teeth, even for a little hint of a tooth. Nothing.

Then at Sunday dinner, Grandma Susan found his first little "toofer" aka tooth. (That's what we've been calling his teeth, or would be teeth....you know, like "jamers" for pajamas, it's like that) I could hardly belive it, I had just checked, so I thought it would have been a tooth bud, but nope. Full on toofer, totally coming out. It's sharp too. It's no wonder babies are ornery when those suckers are moving on up.

So lets check the record again.

7 months old:
~ still wont roll over with purpose, but now lunges for toys (Up on his tiptoes and pushes) and scoots around backwards on his tummy...seems to have no interest in rolling what-so-ever.
~ sits up on his own for prolonged periods of time, but once he falls over, has no idea what to do with himself. So he laughs at his hands...or the ceiling.
~ teethes for three months, and finally cuts his first tooth, at 7 months old.

Pretty sure my son is on his own timetable as far as milestones are concerned. And that's just fine by me. I can't wait until I'm able to see his little teefers when he smiles! So cute!

3 comments:

Lawson Family said...

I must saying, theething is one of my least favorite things to deal with because it does take forever and you have 20 that you have to go through! It is fun to see how your baby's face changes as those "teefers" come in. Congrats!

Brianna said...

Evan beat out Jordyn on the teeth race which doesn't surprise me. I will be a bit concerned if baby Sanders beats her out too. ;)

Ethnie said...

I can't wait to see his little teeth! Will still doesn't have even a hint of one either and we keep looking just because of how much he drools and chews on things. I now have hope that someday one will appear . . . thought to be honest I will miss his little gummy more smile . . . Oh, I feel a sudden need to run an snap a few more shots of it before it is gone. : )