Monday, June 8, 2009

Rule #46: "There is great enlightenment where there has been great wonder" -- Muso Kokushi

Early in May we went to the Red Butte Gardens with Alex's parents, brother, grandparents and Laurie (Doug's cousin). It was quite the family outing. We went that weekend because they were having a bonsai exhibit. Anyone who knows Alex well, knows of love of bonsais. The rest of us looked around in about 15-20 minutes and were satisfied. Alex was not. So we left him and ventured off to the rest of the gardens. He joined us 30 minutes later. (I think it's safe to say he liked the trip).

Here are a few of the MANY pictures that he took. These are some of my favorites.



Don't you just love the plants growing out of the rocks!?!? I think they are fantastic. This is Alex's new goal. He picked up some volcanic rock in Cedar City for just this purpose. We'll let you know how it goes.

The rest of the gardens were beautiful. I ended up walking barefooted for half of the trip due to broken flip flops. I loved those shoes, and have had them for 5-6 years. I was a little sad. I enjoy walking around barefoot, so I didn't mind initially. Although towards the end, the path was getting quite warm. My poor unconditioned feet just weren't used to the hot pavement. I didn't have my summer feet ready.

There is a children's garden with Massive Lizards laying on the grass. Evan was too interested in the dirt, it took several pictures just to get him to look up.
I love this face. I don't know what he was thinking, but I find it darling.
Finally we get a good shot.
It was a wonderful day spent with family, and although I broke my shoes AND got stung by a hornet (or bit...I didn't know hornets could bite) we had a fantastic time. Thanks Doug and Susan for the memories!

4 comments:

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

Those are nice pictures! One of you must be an aspiring photographer, each photo has a sort of natural composition to it. Oh, and Evan is cute too.

AmyPoll said...

That place is beautiful...where is it? I haven't heard of it before. I love Evan's smile.

Ethnie said...

Evan is getting so big! We need to plan another fun outing with our boys.