Friday, October 9, 2009

Rule #55: You can't beat free pumpkins

We went to Black Island Farms last week to celebrate my favorite season! True, it's already to cold for my liking, but soon the leaves will change, fall and get crunchy...then I can put on a fall sweater and go for a walk with the wind blowing all around me....going out of my way to walk through piles of leaves! Just thinking about it puts a smile on my face.

*it's a fact that I can't be angry when walking through leaves. Last year I was grumpy about some non-important issue, so I went for a walk, planning on stewing and huffing the whole time. Half way through my walk I realized I was smiling and jumping through leaves. Good ol' fall.*

We got free admission because we bought a house last year, pretty sure that's the only reason Alex was willing to drive all the way out there in the first place. Nana was able to come with us.

It was a tad bit chilly, but we all bundled up and were suitable dressed. Evan at first was a grump, who knows why. He was not interested in the "petting zoo" in the slightest. In fact, I think he was a little annoyed that the cows just wouldn't STOP mooing! But then we took him down the slides. That was a big hit! He loved it. (So did the adults) He got his first taste of a doughnut there, and no surprise he loved it. (Sorry that the video is off the to side, I'm not sure how to fix that)

There was a kiddie train pulled by an ATV, but despite the name they let us adults on as well.

There was the cutest "sand" box, filled with corn kernels! It was great and Evan had a good time there as well. Don't worry, we took out that kernel and quickly put in his binks for the rest of the playing
As for the corn maze, I had seen the picture a few weeks ago of a corn maze of Edward and Jacob's faces...and laughed at the lameness of it all. Turns out that's the corn maze we went to. We didn't go through the whole thing because it was getting late and we wanted to catch the next hay ride.
Waiting for the hay ride

Which also despite it's name had no hay. Just benches on a long trailer pulled by a tractor with the BIGGEST wheels I have ever seen. Evan really liked the wheels.

I was surprised at the end of the hayride when they parked the trailer in a huge field of pumpkins and told us each to go pick one out! Awesome! We now have free pumpkins that are just waiting to be carved, and even better, pumpkin seeds waiting to be roasted! Mmmmm!

I love fall!

11 comments:

Steve said...

Studliest little family!! :)

Lawson Family said...

Now that is some serious fall celebrating! That slide looked amazing. What a fun day!

Eliza said...

Autumn is hands down my favorite time of year! Cute pictures of your cute family. It looks like you guys know how to have fun. :D

Chrissy said...

Sounds like a really fun afternoon. Your little guy is so cute!

April Weeks said...

That was really fun! Thanks for including me.

Brianna said...

We are going there next week for Marlee's field trip and this made me really excited!

AmyPoll said...

Where is this place...it looks like fun!!!

Ethnie said...

How fun, Megs! I am a big fan of fall as well. I think it has a large part to do with all of the happy memories and little celebrations that occur all season long . . . . and where is this place you went to? I have never heard of it.

Matt said...

Yeah, fall is totally the best season. I like for the same reasons you do. That's a nice picture of your mom.

Megs said...

It's called Black Island Farms, it's in Syracuse....way west somewhere....that's all I remember. Hope you guys check it out!

Tiffany said...

Holy cow Meghan - you came all the way to my neighborhood and I didn't even know it. Really, you were within 10 minutes of my house!! Wish I could have seen you. We were considering visiting the corn maze this year, but not sure how 3 month old Taylee will tolerate it? Could make it literally a nightmare maze!! Next time I see you could you rub some of your love for fall off on me? The only thing I like about fall is FOOTBALL! But the cold temps are for the birds! See you soon =)