Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rule #56: Walking is better than clapping

Big News Big News!! Evan is finally walking!!! *confetti* Truthfully, he's been walking for a few weeks now, but it's finally becoming consistent enough that I can say, "my baby's a walker" now. Evan is very excited about his new skill. He will still crawl about 40% of the time, or occasionally hold on to something for emotional sake, but he's definitely a walker!

Since he can walk, you'd assume he can do something most 6 month old babys can do right? So wrong. My son still can't clap. Or chooses not to. I'm not sure which. But at least he continues to progress and develop in other ways right? He is walking after all!

He's started carrying around a blanket with him around the house. He has three special blankets that loved ones made for him, one is rather large, so of course he wouldn't drag that around, but the two from Grandma Emma and Nana are a good size, does he favor them? Of course not, they're special, that would make sense. No, he favors a blanket that my cousin bought him, very cute, and soft...that must be what he's going for? Who knows. Maybe it feels the best to bite, because that's what he does to it all. day. long.
He's also started to play Peek-a-Boo with said blanket. Usually it's with me, but when I was trying to take the video, he turned his back on me...so I guess he just wants to play by himself. (stubborn boy) I love him anyway!

3 comments:

AmyPoll said...

Love his smiles...he is such a sweetie.

April Weeks said...

He is really walking! That is quite the milestone. He is just a darling.

Brianna said...

My girls both have loved their soft silky blankets from Target at that age... not the many they have hand crafted with love from family and friends.

Gotta love them already expressing that free agency. ;)