Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Rule #65: You can talk with your hands too.

My son "talked" to me for the very first time in his short 16 month life yesterday! By talked, I really mean signed...but it's all communication right!?

We have been teaching him signs since he was 6 months old. Ten months later.....he signs please!

It took some coaxing for him to sign it, but he did...several times! It wasn't just a fluke!

I'm so thrilled that my baby has decided to "tell" me something, anything!

Just wanted to shout it out loud......

8 comments:

Team Carter Jay said...

Wooo Hoooo! That is awesome. I'm sure more signs are on the way :)

AmyPoll said...

YEAH!!!!!!!

April Weeks said...

Please is a very good start!
Thanks for the shout out! It makes us all happy to see you happy!

Mary said...

That is very exciting! :) Way to be patient and persistent.

Chrissy said...

Yay Evan! That's great news!

Eliza said...

Sooo cool!!

Marie said...

That is great! YAY!

Steve said...

I guess you don't intend to teach him how to sign "no way jose!" I'm just sayin... this moment might have happened months ago.