Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Rule #104: Organization is subjective


Alex and I have one way of organizing the toys in Evan's room.

Evan has another way entirely.
Most mornings I find his green storage bin filled will ALL of his toys. Every morning. It's gotten to the point where I'm not even willing to put them back in the bins on his shelf. Sometimes I still do, but it's always a short lived motivation.

The other way Evan organizes I can relate to a little more.

He started lining up his toys in the living room. Starting with Graham. (who he often thinks is a toy) He placed the bath sponge on his head, and kept going from there. I tried to "adjust" one of his toys, he got mad, and put it back in it's place. At least he comes by his OCD honestly. I just hope it doesn't get any more pronounced as he gets older.

4 comments:

Emilie said...

That's awesome!

Tiffany said...

So glad to know that Taylee is not the only tot with an OCD organization issue. It's such a funny little habit!

April Weeks said...

He is too smart for his pants!

Lawson Family said...

It's a wonder we have try to have an organizing system, huh?

That's a cute little toy path!