Friday, April 29, 2011

Rule #106: Nothing good comes from spiders

We just got back from Graham's head ultrasound. He did really well, flirted with all the ladies and found the screen fascinating.

They discovered that Graham has an arachnoid (spider, get it?) cyst on the right side, that's quite large apparently. He needs to have an MRI done to better see the size and to get a plan for how to remove it. Which means he will need surgery.

Sad.

Since Graham isn't adversely affected by the cyst at this point, it's not an emergency. But it is something that needs to be taken care of. His brain looks fine, albeit pushed over to the left side. But since he's a baby, his brain is pretty mailable, and can handle being pushed over for the time being.

I'm grateful that it's not emergent. But the thought of my baby being intubated and sedated makes me sad. I'm grateful for a pediatrician who is proactive.

We're not sure when the MRI will be or surgery for that matter. But when we know more, you'll know more. :)

5 comments:

April Weeks said...

I know all will be well, but this just makes my stomach go in knots!

We will be praying mightly.

Tiffany said...

Megs -
I'm thinking of you guys, and I'm here for you whenever you need me. Call me if you want to talk . . . Much love
P.S. Everything is gonna be just fine!

Mary said...

Poor little Graham! I'm glad the problem was detected though. I'll be thinking of you guys!

Christina said...

We're thinking of you! The thought of any kind of surgery on a baby is hard! I'm glad it was caught early on and can be taking care of. We'll keep you and baby Graham in our prayers!

Brianna said...

Thank goodness for aggressive doctors! We will keep Graham in our prayers for a healthy, effective recovery. Please keep us informed on anything else that comes your way, and I will be sure to check your blog more often. ;)