Monday, May 2, 2011

Rule #107: Fasting is not just for adults

This weekend was lame. I went back and forth between peace and anxiety/fear. I don't do well with minimal information, or a lack of a plan. I just don't. My mind can't go forward, because I don't know what that forward is, so I have no other options but to go back and forth between emotions. I just felt stuck.

While I don't have all of the information yet, and I still don't know when surgery will be or what type of surgery even, I finally have a date for the MRI.

They were looking for a morning appointment, because Graham will have to be fasting...so it was over a week away. (Which I was not okay with) But he only has to be fast for four hours, so I scheduled the MRI for 3:30 tomorrow. He usually takes a pretty good nap in the early afternoon, so hopefully he'll be asleep while he's fasting.

I'm so relived to have a date for the MRI. But now comes a whole new variety of anxiety.

I'm nervous. I won't lie.

If the cyst was large enough for them to find it on ultrasound, how big is it really? Where exactly is it? What will these answers mean for surgery options? The trouble with me is I know too much. But the real trouble is I don't know enough, I need more facts. Until I get all those facts my mind is racing a million miles a minute.

Looking at Graham you would never know he has something pushing on his brain. He's still just as happy and joyful as ever. He is still sleeping/eating/playing well. All that I could ask for.

Thank you all for your prayers and concern. We appreciate it very much. I am not sure how quickly after the MRI I will have more information. But I'll try and let everyone know when I do.

1 comment:

April Weeks said...

We'll fast right along with him.