Monday, October 31, 2011

Rule #125: Baby faces trump stuffed faces

I really struggled this year trying to decide what my children would be for Halloween. Evan still has very little interest in any one thing that could be a Halloween costume. He has opinions, mind you. And they were all "no, I don't want to be --" whatever I had suggested. Finally I asked if he wanted to be a newsie, to which he replied "no....yes" so I took it and ran with it. It might have been the only yes I was going to get. Newsies is a current favorite movie of his.

With Graham, none of Evan's old costumes fit because he is the opposite season. So we had to come up with something new. Part of me wanted to think of something theme-y, like my sister does with her kids. But nothing really goes with Newsies. Just yesterday someone suggested that I should have made Graham the newspaper! That would have been darling. Ah well. Graham got a generic costume from the store. Alex insisted on having a costume that didn't already have a face on the hood. (which is a lot of little kid costumes) We did finally find one that would showcase Graham's cute cheeks all on their own. He made an adorable little blue monster. Even if it had nothing to do with Newsies.
My kids were able to wear their costumes 4 times this weekend. They first dressed up for my mom's Halloween dinner. Doug and Susan took the boys to boo at the zoo on Saturday. Then later that night we went to our wards trunk or treat. After every car, and I mean every single car, Evan would lean down to Graham and scream "candy, candy CANDY!" It was hysterical.

Then on the actual holiday, we took the boys down Main Street to go trick or treating. It was fun to see all the other kids in costume, but other than that, I could give or take it.


Aren't these kids the cutest?

Evan loves this haunted music box. He played it over and over...and over again.

Graham enjoying his very own sucker.

As far as he's concerned, the holiday was a hit!



4 comments:

April Weeks said...

Those Kids are the cutest! Glad I could enjoy the holiday with them, and you.

Tiffany said...

I love, love, love your cute boys in their adorable costumes! Evan makes a perfect newsie. And Graham's dinosaur, well, what could be cuter? I haven't checked in to your blog in a couple of weeks. It's like a smorgasborg of Davis Family Fun! I want to comment on every new post. Let's just put it this way. I really miss you and hearing your stories first hand. I will be back to work this Thursday. Hoping you will be there . . .

Emilie said...

Perfection!

I'm so happy everyone enjoyed themselves.

Eliza said...

Goodness your boys are adorable!!