Monday, October 29, 2012

Rule#144: It's best to shout at exotic animals

Going to the Safari Park was such a blast. Mostly because of Graham. He was so excited to see every. single. animal. He would shout their name repeatedly and jump up and down. I loved it. It made it even more enjoyable than it already was, to see it through his eyes.

They have a tram at the Safari park, we rode it twice on two separate days and just happened to get the same tour guide both times. What are the odds? It was a nice ride and I learned a lot. I had no idea that the Safari Park is really just a breeding program turned into a park. They have been really successful and I think that's wonderful. San Diego paved the way for many of the zoos and breeding programs.

We feed the ducks both times we were there. That's always a highlight for my kids.

The highlight for Alex? The Bonsai Pavilion.

Maybe his love of bonsais will rub off on Evan someday :)

A rare sighting of the Lion actually MOVING! I never see them move, there are usually sleeping. 

Susan, Jeff and I feed the lorakeets one day. They gave us a little cup of nectar and the birds flocked and started drinking. I'm fine with having birds on my arm. I'm less fine with having a bird on my shoulder SCREAMING in my ear. Hence the picture of my leaning away. I wasn't afraid of the tiny little bird, per se, it was so so loud!

Once the screamer jumped to my wrist another one landed on my head. Seriously? And then one pooped on my arm. *sigh Overall it was fun, just a little deafening and a little gross :)

There is an tower that overlooks the park. We attempted to get a family picture there. This cracks me up!
Kids not looking.....

Kids jumping out of our arms in protest (hehe)

They also had a playground for the kids at the safari park. Little jeeps to pretend to drive. Big animals to jump on. The slide was a million degrees hot so we didn't even try it. Regardless, the boys had a good time there.

 I could show you pictures of the animals we saw, lions and rhinos, giraffes etc....but who needs animals when you've got cute faces like these?
 photo bomb by unknown child :)
 A rare photo of all 7 of us looking at the camera. And 6 of us smiling even! Hooray!

 What do you think? Potential Christmas card?

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Fun!

LOVE Evan's face in the one that he is trying to jump out of Alex's arms.
lol!

Eliza said...

The picture of you with the birds perched on you is awesome but that would have made me so nervous. Birds freak me out a little bit for some reason. I'm glad you had a great time!