Friday, January 14, 2011

Rule #97: Faith protects us from darkness

Alex gave Graham a blessing in church this past Sunday. We had overwhelming support from all of our families. We are so glad that you were able to share that with us. Alex blessed Graham with the faith to overcome the darkness, with love for all those around him, and with a knowledge and testimony of our Savior. It was a beautiful blessing.


Graham wore the same outfit that Evan wore two years ago. Thanks to my sister who let me borrow it both times. It has suspenders and a bow tie, and I think he looked handsome!


While we were planning for the gathering afterward, we realized just how much family was going to be there! We needed to make space for over 70 people! (children included) We had some doubts that our home would be able to fullfill that need, but with some rearranging and a lot of borrowed chairs we pulled it off! And it didn't even feel like sardines in a can to me!

Granted the kitchen was quite crowded, but there's really nothing that we could do to prevent that. It's nice to know that if another child is born in the winter months (though I'll do what I can to prevent it!) we would be able to host family again.

Thank you for all who came and the love and support that we feel from each of you!


Smiling at Grandpa Doug



Some of our attempts at obtaining a family photo.

Classic.

3 comments:

Emilie said...

I love the smiling picture and I, for one, never once felt like a sardine.

Lawson Family said...

Wish we could have been there...but then that would have tip the scale to 76! You've got some cute kiddos!

Tammy said...

We had such a great time! It was a beautiful blessing. I loved getting to see your house, finally, and the food was delicious. You hosted a great party!