Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Rule #9: Look at life from all perspectives

Evan's bumbo arrived yesterday. I've been anxiously waiting for a week now. (those who know me well know that I am not a very patient person). I just couldn't wait for Evan to try it out. He's still a little wobbley, but with the bumbo being the perfect shape that it is, he did just fine. It was so fun to see him look at his world from this new view. Because even though I would have him sit up on my lap, this was the first time he was sitting up "independantly"...and he loved it. When I put the tray on and placed his Olephant on top...well, you can see his face. He couldn't stop staring at it. Later I placed a rattle and it was so rewarding to see him trying so hard to control his hands to grasp the rattle. He was so focused, moving little fingers...throwing his arm around with a little too much force...but he finally got it. I was so proud of him, he didn't seem to react once he finally got it, but I'd like to think he was pleased with himself also. It makes me feel good to provide a way for him to progress.

This past week Evan has really discovered his feet. When he's laying on his back, I'll pull his feet up within his sight and then pretend to eat them. I've done this for a while now...but just this past week he seems to have noticed. He stares at his feet, very curious, and giggles when I eat them. It's been a blast for me. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he was so focused on looking at his feet in the Bumbo. Once I took the tray off and he looked down, I couldn't get him to look up again. He was just staring at his feet, watching them move. (Who knows if he was moving them on purpose, but they were a-movin). I'm so excited for what this chair will add to his life. What skills he will develop. I just can't believe how much he's grown! He's become such a mini-person. I love it!



3 comments:

April Weeks said...

I'm so glad you are blogging. This way I get in on all the little stuff that I would miss because we don't remember to share it with each other. He is SO cute, and I'm so happy it makes you happy to be a mom.

Brianna said...

I know that the bumbo is a kinda pricy purchase, but it's one of my favorite, most used baby things.

Ethnie said...

EVAN REALLY IS LOOKING MORE AND MORE LIKE A LITTLE PERSON RATHER THAN A BABY!WHERE DID YOU GET HIS LITTLE CHAIR?
ETH