Friday, November 21, 2008

Rule #11: Credits are overrated

Alright, here's the question I have for all of you. When you are watching a movie, whether it is at the theater or at home...do you watch the credits? Does it make a difference where you are? If you are at the theater do you watch the credits but at home you don't?

More importantly...do you NEED to watch the credits...as part of a "cool down" from the movie?

Alex and I had a "discussion" about this tonight. I hate watching the credits, but if I'm in a theater then I'll stay (begrudgingly) only because I don't want to join the sheep leaving the theater...I like to walk out on my own pace. But when I am home, there is absolutely no reason to sit there and read the names of people I don't care about.

Alex on the other hand feels incomplete if he doesn't get to watch the credits. He needs his "cool down" as he puts it.

So I was wondering how many of you out there are like Alex. Or how many of you are sane like me? :) Please feel free to cast your vote in the comments

6 comments:

Brianna said...

Sorry Alex, "cool down" consists of the ice cream you eat after the movie... not the credits.

Tiffany said...

I'm sane like you Meghan. Credits exist only to stroke the egos of the makeup people and cameramen. However, a disturbing new problem has arisen. A lot of movies have been adding an extra funny bit on the end, after the credits have rolled, thereby forcing you to watch every last credit scroll through. But, who can leave when you might miss that last laugh?
(BTW - thanks for posting, I knew you would!)

Emilie said...

I've never thought about it. So I guess that's a no. HOWEVER, if I am at a theater, there is a greater chance I will watch the credits, but not for a "cool down" but because I'm looking for the name of an actor, or the actor who did the voice of a character.

Chrissy said...

I almost never watch the credits, but that is because as soon as the movie is over I am heading to the restroom. In fact, it has become such a psychological trigger for me that if I walk in on the last 5 minutes of a movie and the credits start to roll it makes me have to pee!

Lawson Family said...

That's so funny Chrissy!
I too, am not a "cool down" a.k.a "waste my time" kind of movie watcher. ;) Too each his own!

Gigi said...

I can't leave a movie without watching all the credits. I need to know where the movie was filmed.