Monday, December 1, 2008

Rule #16: Chicks dig the 5th percentile

My little boy is four months old now! I can hardly believe it! It seems to have gone by so quickly. And with him being four months old, I have now been back to work for over a month. That too is difficult to believe. It felt like I had only been gone for two weeks on maternity leave, that's how comfortable and familiar it was to go back to work. And now I can't believe it's already been another month! I just don't know where time goes...it amazes me. I thought I was going to be pregnant forever, and then *poof* my son is four months old! Enough of my lamenting, here are his stats.

Height: 25 1/4 inches (50%)
Weight: 13 lbs 3 oz (25%)
OFC: 40 cm (5%)

He also got his immunizations today, he cried a little bit but then recovered like the champ that he is! We're also debating if we are going to start rice cereal now. Our pediatrician said that we can start at any time now. Alex wants to wait a little longer, and I can hardly wait for this milestone! Evan has started waking up in the middle of the night a few nights a week, and I think starting rice cereal at his nighttime feeding would help. I wasn't sure if he was even interested or not, but the last few days he REALLY cares about what I'm eating. Even if there are toys in front of him, all he watches is my fork and my mouth. (It's pretty darn cute).


He's started really talking to Alex and I. I love his little voice. I could listen to it all day! When he's starting to talk, it looks like he's going to cry. He pulls his mouth down into a little pout...and then waits a minute, and then starts voicing his thoughts. People think he's upset or sad about something....he's not. He's just working those mouth muscles for sure!

In some ways he's growing up too fast and in others I can't wait for him to become more independent, and even cuter than he is now. Motherhood is a crazy roller coaster I've decided. It wonderful, but you can't help but have your emotions fluctuate so much between wanting them to stay a baby forever and being so proud of what they've accomplished....and wanting them to accomplish even more!

4 comments:

Emilie said...

That kid cannot take a bad picture! Too cute!

Lawson Family said...

I can't wait to see him! He looks like a little man already! From my experience...wait on the cereal as long as you can!! It's messy and oh so time consuming!

Brianna said...

I agree with Annie on how messy & time consuming cereal is, but my girls were both so satisfied & happy when they ate it... although it didn't help with sleeping through the night. Only suggestion is go straight to the spoon instead of giving it through a bottle... it's harder for them at first, but they master the spoon concept so much faster.

April Weeks said...

He has so many fun expressions.