Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rule #25: Always remember to say (or sign) thank you

Every year on Christmas Eve the Davis extended family gathers and grandma's house. It's quite the gathering, with dinner and the great-grandkids get jammers. It's very fun. One of the best traditions is piling all of the great-grandkids on the couch for a picture. It was Evan's first year...and he was a really good sport about it. Christopher was holding him and did a really good job. We are only missing one child, who was born a week ago, so she is excused with good reason.

Alex's grandparents gave Evan a portable booster for him to bring when he comes for Sunday dinner. Even though Evan doesn't understand it now...we had him "say" or sign Thank You when he got presents. You gotta start the good manners at an early age right?


Grandma Susan and Grandpa Doug gave our family some signing time DVD's. I'm very excited about this. Both of my sisters have taught their children sign language as infants with great results. They are able to communicate with their kids before they can really talk! It's wonderful! So, thank you again.
Grandpa Guy and Grandma Emma gave us a highchair for Evan, it's fabulous. He actually successfully ate his first entire bowl of rice cereal in it just yesterday! *confetti*

And Papa and Nana gave our family a membership to the zoo for an entire year! I'm also very excited about this. I have fond memories of the zoo with my family (specifically my father) when I was little and I'd like to pass this on to my children. We can take guests, so if anyone is up for an outing to the zoo give us a call!

I just want to thank all of our friends and family for all that you do for us. Not just what you have given to my family, but thank you for who you are and for the relationships that we have with all of you. I'm so blessed to be able to surround my family with good people, who are good examples for me and my son. Thank you for your love and support.

2 comments:

April Weeks said...

Evan looks so cute in that santa suit! It looks like you had a great time during the holiday.

Steve said...

I want in on a zoo trip!!!