Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Rule #18: Rice cereal isn't for everyone.

So last night we tried to give Evan rice cereal for the first time. We had thought about waiting a little bit longer, but I was impatient and he has been staring at my every bite for a week now. I really thought he was going to like it.

It was the funniest thing I've ever seen!

At first he stared at the spoon, so focused on what was going on. After he first bite he pulled such a face! "What in the world....wait a minute...this isn't milk! and what's with this texture!?!" I swear that's exactly what his face was saying. So I tried a few more bites, and after a while he would cough and gag...almost as soon as the spoon touched his mouth, so I know he wasn't ACTUALLY gagging, he was just reacting to the experience...and he is not a fan.
So we'll wait a little while and try it again. For the full entertainment, here is a little video.

3 comments:

Kara Jorgensen said...

Oh my gosh!! That is so dang cute!! Aren't babies the best!

April Weeks said...

He actually did very well. I think most babies gag and make funny faces until they get the hang of it. It looked like he would at least open his mouth for more... that's a good sign. That's fun to have that on video.

Elizabeth said...

This so cute. I love the second picture. You really get a feel for how much he was not a fan. by the way, I think that he looks more like you. Are those cheeks looking familiar?